If you are LGBT+ and struggling with a variety of issues, here are some amazing organisations that can provide help and support –
- Fflag – ‘Fflag is a national voluntary organisation and registered charity. We are dedicated to supporting parents and their lesbian, gay and bisexual daughters and sons. We offer support to local parents groups and contacts, in their efforts to help parents and families understand, accept and support their lesbian, gay and bisexual members with love and pride.’ For more information about Fflag click here.
- Rainbow Bridge – ‘Rainbow Bridge is a victim support ran service that specifically supports victims of domestic abuse who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and transgender. We have been funded by The Big Lottery Fund to provide the only specialised service in Wales that can provide face to face support that is victim led and individually tailored to meet individual need.’ For more information about Rainbow Bridge click here.
- Unity Group Wales – ‘Unity Group Wales’ attention to service and detail has made us a service leader. With a wide range of services to choose from, you’re sure to find exactly what you’re looking for.’ For more information about Unity Group Wales click here.
- Stonewall – ‘We’re here to let all lesbian, gay, bi and trans people, here and abroad, know they’re not alone. We believe we’re stronger united, so we partner with organisations that help us create real change for the better. We have laid deep foundations across Britain – in some of our greatest institutions – so our communities can continue to find ways to flourish, and individuals can reach their full potential. We’re here to support those who can’t yet be themselves.’ For more information about Stonewall click here.
- Childline – ‘Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. Whether it’s something big or small, our trained counsellors are here to support you. Childline is free, confidential and available any time of day, or night. You can talk to us on the phone, by email or through 1-2-1 counsellor chat. Whatever feels best for you.’ For more information about Childline click here.
- The Trevor Project (US)- ‘Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is a leading national organisation providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning young people aged 13-24’ For more information about The Trevor Project click here